The student news site of de Toledo High School

The Prowler

Upcoming Events
  • April 14April 17: Tzitzit Tying For Senior Parents
  • April 12April 15: Mexico EP Jags dpt. to MX City
  • April 8April 11-14: All School Shabbaton
  • April 7April 10: 12th Grade Shabbaton

The Prowler

The Prowler

Club Kickoff 2015-16

By: Natalie Gordon

members of The prowler newspaper staff recruiting new members at the club fair. (Photo by geordan neinstein)

What better way to kick off the 2015-16 school year than with the annual club fair? On Wednesday, September 9th, dTHS had the opportunity to showcase its clubs, both old and new, to the entire student population.

Each of the clubs that the school has to offer are different and unique in their own way. This year, we were able to celebrate the club fair with over 30 student made clubs, more clubs than ever before. Is it the tikkun olam aspect of a club that drives one to join? Or possibly the pressure from one’s friends? Whatever the reason, our clubs are a major part of our students’ involvement in our school and in the community. With many social, cultural, and arts oriented clubs, we strive to help each student find his or her passion while exploring new interests along the way.

Members of American politics club and Girls learn international holding up signs to promote their clubs. (photo by geordan neinstein)

Many would express that communication and leadership are some of the most important skills a person could possess. dTHS gives its students the opportunity to practice these skills in their first few weeks of the school year.

The involvement of the student body in the community is something that makes the high school experience even more valuable. If we, the students, take these opportunities that are being offered, we can use them to change not only the school, but the world as well.

View Comments (2)