The student news site of de Toledo High School

The Prowler

Upcoming Events
  • April 14April 17: Tzitzit Tying For Senior Parents
  • April 12April 15: Mexico EP Jags dpt. to MX City
  • April 8April 11-14: All School Shabbaton
  • April 7April 10: 12th Grade Shabbaton

The Prowler

The Prowler

Generations Day 2016

By: Natalie Gordon and Simona Vishnevsky

Students and grandparents sitting together at town hall. (Photo by Louis Raynor)

On January 27th, de Toledo High School had the pleasure of holding its annual Generations Day, a day where both students and grandparents had the opportunity to spend a day together, learn together, and share new memories.

As students returned to their classes after the morning Town Hall, they were soon joined by their grandparents, who were excitedly awaiting their grandchildren’s smiling faces. Not only did grandparents get to experience of attending dTHS classes, but they also felt the gratification of learning alongside their grandchildren. 

“Having my grandma at generations day further ingrained the importance that our elders have on our current generation. I am incredibly blessed to be able to have someone like my grandma in my life, and being able to show her around the place in which my education is enriched, and hearing her insight about the world is the greatest gift anyone could ask for,” said Hannah Gordon, a dTHS junior. 

Sharing our second home with our grandparents made what would have been an ordinary school day a memorable day unlike any other. Our grandparents play a vital role in our lives, making us into who we are. Not only are our grandparents the people we could not live without, but they are often the ones that we strive to be.

During the Town Hall, students sat next to their grandparents while listening to Drishot Shalom from seniors Walker Reinfeld and Preston Tasoff, as well as a few songs performed by our school bands. The Town Hall came to a conclusion with students Lauren Ofman and Moses Goodman speaking about the importance of grandparents.

Grandparents are the best invention ever.

— Lauren Ofman

Lauren Ofman, dTHS sophomore, said, “I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that grandparents are the best invention ever. With their constant support and unconditional love, they make us proud to be a part of their family. So thank you grandparents for loving us, spoiling us, and for being here today.”

Generation’s Day once again reminded the dTHS community the importance of family, our origins, and our continuous memories with loved ones.