Club Fair Draws Record Signups

Jordan Norris

From left: Leaelle G. (’23), Michelle S. (’22), Yarden M. (’22) host the Beyond the Mind booth, whose club mission is to fight the stigma against mental health and teach its members how to deal with stress.

After a year of Zoom school, de Toledo students were eager to have candy thrown at them by club leaders at our annual Club Fair Tuesday at the Commons. Music blasting, teens shouting, and posters covering the area are staples of our dT Club Fair. 

With over 30 clubs to choose from, students have the chance to join whatever may interest them, and if they don’t see a club that they want to join, then students can make one! 

We have five branches of clubs: Health and Wellness; Service, Citizenship and Civic Action; Arts and Culture; and Career Pathways.

Jacob P. (‘22) from the Jewish World Watch club said, “Our club is an amazing way to never forget the tragedies of the Holocaust. Join our club to fight mass genocide and global atrocities through education and raising money for those in need.”

Clubs like American Politics to the Meditation Club and TOV (Tikkun Olam Volunteering) offer students the chance to get involved in lunch time discussions and to plan club events and fundraisers throughout the year. 

Maddy L. (‘22) from the Gardening Club said, “As a new club, we are really excited to see how many people were interested in joining.”

Several clubs had a record number of signups and reached over 60 students! 

Joining clubs is a great way to meet new people across all grades and spend lunch talking about things that are important to us and ones that we love! And if you didn’t get a chance to join a club at Club Fair, see the Resources page on MyJag for the official club list.