Meet Our Executive Student Council

Meet Our Executive Student Council

Moriah Pretsky, Design Editor

Executive student council is ready for the year and looking forward to lead our school and student body.  

Our school has many opportunities for students to take control and make an impact.  One of the most powerful student trio is our executive student council team.  

Executive Student Council, also known as executive stuco, leads the grade level student councils as well as plan school wide events.  

Our three upperclassmen already have so much planned for this year.  

Josh Raikin (class of 2017) leads as president of our student body.  He is a strong and committed member of the team.

Adam Ash (class of 2017), secretary, is excited to plan amazing event for the year.  In addition to getting things done, Adam is thoughtful and well organized.  

Lastly, Ryan Ofman (class of 2018), is vice president.  He is a wonderful public speaker and well invested in listening to what his peers have to say.  

This well organized team plans to “make the student council in general more efficient and as a side project of that make clubs more efficient,” Josh Raikin said last week. Unlike past years, executive student council plans to work alongside clubs, not limiting themselves to only working with grade level student councils.

Adam Ash thinks his greatest strength and contribution getting stuff done.  As a leader he is able to set priorities and follows the “here’s what I need to do, here’s how I’m gonna accomplish it, here is who I need to talk to, here is how it’s gonna happen” plan.  

However, our super-trio isn’t perfect.  Adam explained, “all of us are all upperclassman so sometimes it might be hard to keep tabs on how the underclassman are feeling or doing on their day-to-day lives.”  

The leaders of our student body still have a year to learn how to “develop leadership skills and [learn] how to help their community,” Ryan shared.
They all agreed, “people should join student council because they will learn about themselves, learn how to be a leader, and learn how to work on a team.” It  is a great opportunity for students to take charge and broaden their horizons

To get updates from executive stuco add them on the Remind app and Snapchat 

screen-shot-2016-09-30-at-12-44-47-amscreen-shot-2016-09-30-at-12-43-44-am