Nation Elects First Woman VP

“While I may be the first woman in this office, I will not be the last—because every little girl watching tonight sees that this is a country of possibilities.” - Vice President-elect Kamala Harris

Payton

Payton Ozar, Student LifeEditor

As we found out on November 7, 2020,  Kamala Harris was elected to be our vice president, our first-ever female vice president. This is a huge event not only for the U.S. but for women. Since the beginning of history, women have always been looked at differently than men, no matter the circumstances. Women have been told they don’t hold the same kind of power that men hold, and only about 100 ye...

Samara

Samara Freedman, News Editor

Most people are feeling all sorts of joy with the recent presidential election results. However, I feel differently. I believe that it’s not fair that only 100 years ago women were given the right to vote, and now, this many years later, we are finally having a woman as a vice president. Not even the president. That simply does not seem fair to me. I mean, yes, this is a step toward more equality in high nati...

Shiran

Shiran Leib, Arts & Science Editor

I’ve never been someone who likes politics. This past election has been the worst and most confusing to me. Most of my friends are Democratic, but my family and some of my closest friends are Republican. I didn’t know until now I had to pick a side. So I decided to not talk about it at all. I would avoid any conversations that had to do with politics.  When my family talked about it at dinner, I wo...

Alexis

Alexis Gavin, Opinion Editor

Watching the election brought tears to my eyes, as I was worried about what rights would be taken away from me and my fellow Americans. These past three days of me anxiously waiting for who would be elected made my back and shoulders fill up with tension and agony. I remember the time exactly: 9:14 in the morning. Joy filled up my whole body and the agony of the past three days faded from my mind. ...

Leah

Leah Zagori, Current Events Editor

To be having a woman vice president feels like women are equal to men and that we both deserve equal rights, so it makes me very happy to know that we have a female vice president. It’s also very exciting to know that she could possibly become the actual president!    

The Prowler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Prowler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *