Transition To In-Person School ‘Very Hard’ Says Student

'Teachers Need to Be Understanding'

Throughout the past two years, students’ mental health has drastically changed.  Many students were struggling during online school, and it’s been a tough transition coming back to in-person school. 

Being isolated was exceptionally challenging for students.

I asked two sophomore students their experiences with online school and how their mental health has differed from last year. “Personally, I feel the warmth from my friends, and that’s where I gain my happiness, so needing to quarantine and being stuck in my room was difficult for me. My mental health was definitely worse last year,” said Amanda K. 

Alanna F. echoed a similar belief: “I think that being in person is a lot better because my mental health got bad last year when we were online. I had no motivation because I didn’t have to go to school physically, and it didn’t force me to do anything. It’s a lot easier when you can actually go to school and see your friends.”

“The transition from online school to in-person school was very hard, and teachers need to be very understanding and need to realize our mental health is very important and does not go over the importance of schoolwork and getting good grades,” Alanna said.

If you are struggling with your mental health, speak with a teacher or a classmate, and remember you are not alone. 

The Prowler • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Prowler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *