National Honors Society Induction Ceremony

By: Lauren Ofman

Throughout high school, we always see athletes being awarded for their remarkable talents on the field, but what about the people who have stronger minds than bodies? National Honors Society fills this gap by creating an environment where dedicated individuals are awarded for their achievements in academics. Wednesday, October 21st was the induction ceremony for new members of the dTHS chapter of National Honors Society. It was an evening of shmoozing, listening to classical music performed by dTHS students, and celebrating the hard work and dedication of all of the inductees. Throughout the ceremony, several dTHS faculty members gave speeches and senior Alex Feldman delivered an insightful d’var torah. There were also impressive musical performances by Preston Tasoff, Jonathan Ezra, and Michael Brandt. Ultimately, this incredible program enhanced the dTHS experience by providing an atmosphere where students can be acknowledged for what they excel in as individuals.

Here are some words about the evening from a few of the new NHS inductees: 

“I had such a great time at the induction. It was so great to be a part of it. After hearing Mr. Vacca speak to us about National Honors Society, it made me feel like working to keep my grades up really paid off! The performances were wonderful too!”

— Lola Chen

“It was very exciting to be honored by the faculty. It was a wonderful ceremony and it made us feel like our achievements are acknowledged. It has inspired me to keep working hard throughout high school.”

— Oran Evenhaim