The student news site of de Toledo High School

The Prowler

Upcoming Events
  • April 14April 17: Tzitzit Tying For Senior Parents
  • April 12April 15: Mexico EP Jags dpt. to MX City
  • April 8April 11-14: All School Shabbaton
  • April 7April 10: 12th Grade Shabbaton

The Prowler

The Prowler

Sports Update

49ers destroyed the Cowboys

Welcome back to this week in sports after another exciting weekend of football and big, league-altering trades in basketball.

Starting with the NFL, we continued to see competitive matchups throughout the league, but the biggest news came from what was expected to be the closest and most important game of the weekend between the 49ers and the Cowboys. 

However, the 49ers destroyed the Cowboys and showed off in another dominant performance. This game might have secured them as the current best team in the NFL and my Super Bowl favorites thus far. Unfortunately, the next biggest headline of the weekend was the amount of injuries to big-name players. Star pass-catchers like Justin Jefferson and Travis Kelce faced leg injuries along with rookie standout quarterback Anthony Richardson hurting his shoulder. 

While the NBA season has not started yet, we saw huge moves being made with Damian Lillard, star point guard for the Trailblazers, traded to the Bucks, where he will team up with multi-time MVP and NBA Finals Champion Giannis Antetokounmpo.