The student news site of de Toledo High School

The Prowler

Upcoming Events
  • April 14April 17: Tzitzit Tying For Senior Parents
  • April 12April 15: Mexico EP Jags dpt. to MX City
  • April 8April 11-14: All School Shabbaton
  • April 7April 10: 12th Grade Shabbaton

The Prowler

The Prowler

Sports Update

Prediction: Ravens Will Win the Super Bowl
Emily Botwinick
Sports Editor Shaun Shpall covers college and professional sports in “Sports Update.”

Welcome back to Sports Update with Shaun Shpall. 

It’s January, the college football season has ended, and now we have entered the playoffs of the NFL season. In this update, I will discuss the college football national championship and make predictions for the NFL playoffs. 

First, congratulations to the Michigan Wolverines on winning their 12th national championship and finishing their first-ever undefeated season. Led by starting quarterback JJ McCarthy and star running back Blake Corum, they pulled away in the 4th quarter against the Washington Huskies to finish the game. This Michigan team will go down as one of the best, but also the most controversial team in college football history, for their dominant performances and the cheating allegations that were brought up for stealing signs. 

Moving on to the NFL playoff predictions, starting with the Wild Card Round this weekend: Bills vs the Steelers, I have the Bills winning easily and moving on. Next, I have the Chiefs beating the Dolphins in frozen Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday. Then, finishing out the AFC, I have the Browns upsetting the Texans in Houston. In the NFC, the first matchup is Cowboys vs the Packers where I have the Cowboys winning at home. I have the Rams upsetting the Lions at home, and the Eagles beating the Buccaneers in Tampa Bay. 

In the second round in the AFC, I have the Ravens beating the Browns, and the Chiefs beating the Bills. In the NFC, I have the 49ers beating the Rams and the Cowboys beating the Eagles in Dallas. 

In the AFC Championship between the Chiefs and Ravens, I have the Ravens going to the Super Bowl, and in the NFC Championship, I have the 49ers beating the Cowboys. 

Now, in the Super Bowl, I have the Ravens, led by Lamar Jackson and their impenetrable defense, beating the 49ers and winning the Super Bowl.