The student news site of de Toledo High School

The Prowler

Upcoming Events
  • April 14April 17: Tzitzit Tying For Senior Parents
  • April 12April 15: Mexico EP Jags dpt. to MX City
  • April 8April 11-14: All School Shabbaton
  • April 7April 10: 12th Grade Shabbaton

The Prowler

The Prowler

Israeli teens visit de Toledo

Maya, age 15, from Israel, near Gaza, talked with Prowler editor Max Bromberg during her time in Los Angeles Feb. 15, 2024: “Maya is a fun and bubbly person,” Max writes. “We had a lot of fun making paper airplanes together. I did not know how, so she had to teach me. Hers was very good, while mine was not as good. Maya is funny, friendly, and talkative. There was never a silent moment when I was interviewing her; we were talking the whole time. I had a lot of fun talking with Maya, but we avoided the topic of war.”
Oz  is from the south of Israel.  His favorite beach is Zikim Beach, which is next to his house. In his free time, he enjoys bike riding around the city. Oz and his friends will return to Israel Monday after a two-week respite in Los Angeles (Feb. 15, 2024). (Emily Botwinick)
Timor enjoys eating steak, and often orders burgers from BBB.  He likes to listen to American classic rock such as AC/DC and Van Halen instead of Israeli artists like Eyal Golan and Omer Adam. Timor, one of 12 teens hosted by dTHS families, will return home Monday after two weeks in Los Angeles (Feb. 15, 2024). (Emily Botwinick)