The student news site of de Toledo High School

The Prowler

Upcoming Events
  • April 14April 17: Tzitzit Tying For Senior Parents
  • April 12April 15: Mexico EP Jags dpt. to MX City
  • April 8April 11-14: All School Shabbaton
  • April 7April 10: 12th Grade Shabbaton

The Prowler

The Prowler

Tate McRae: She’s All You Wanna See

Join Lindsey as she takes you through her experience at the up-and-coming pop star’s ‘Are We Still Flying’ Tour
Prowler Editor Lindsey Shrager ’25 (left) smiles as she waits for Tate McRae to perform Oct. 5, 2023, at the Hollywood Palladium.

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Tate McRae is a Canadian artist who started to gain popularity through her dance videos on YouTube. At only 16 years old, McrRae released a single called “You Broke me First.” The song gained a ton of popularity on TikTok and has over 1.9 billion streams.

McRae opened with her song “Uh Oh,” which is not my personal favorite. I still thought it was fun to dance along and could definitely feel her energy in the room.

McRae’s unique alternative pop music and unforgettable stage presence shows that she’s not just a talented singer, but she really has what it takes to be a star.

Throughout the entire show, McRae maintained a strong connection with her fans while not only singing, but also dancing, which was  incredible. She would make comments such as “Who here has a crazy ex story?” This only encouraged the crowd to cheer louder. 

In the song “10:35” you could clearly see her raw talent through the way she moves her body to the upbeat music. 

McRae performed her new hit single “Greedy” that has surpassed over 260 million streams since just September. The song is viral for a reason.

It  begins slowly and very quickly turns upbeat. The main message is that, despite her breakup, she wants to show her partner what he’s missing out on. The lyrics “ ‘I would want myself / Baby, please believe me / I’ll put you through hell / Just to know me” highlight how she no longer wants to put up with her partner’s insecurities and wants to prioritize herself. 

Despite the song’s recent release, the audience could recite every single word.

The charming architecture and vintage vibe at the Hollywood Palladium Oct. 5 definitely made it my new favorite concert venue. The unlimited free popcorn refills also helped win me over.

After lots of snacking, I was ready to watch McRae perform. I had been watching videos on social media and had high expectations and can confidently say she exceeded them.