The student news site of de Toledo High School

The Prowler

Upcoming Events
  • April 14April 17: Tzitzit Tying For Senior Parents
  • April 12April 15: Mexico EP Jags dpt. to MX City
  • April 8April 11-14: All School Shabbaton
  • April 7April 10: 12th Grade Shabbaton

The Prowler

The Prowler

“I Had the Time of My Life” with Taylor Swift

Lindsey+S.+%2825%29+smiles+in+anticipation+of+seeing+Taylor+Swift+perform+at+Sofi+Stadium+Aug.+3%2C+2023.+
Lindsey S. (’25) smiles in anticipation of seeing Taylor Swift perform at Sofi Stadium Aug. 3, 2023.

After months of tears, anticipation, and high expectations, I couldn’t believe that I was stepping into Sofi Stadium about to be blessed by the presence of Miss Taylor Allison Swift.

Even walking into the stadium I immediately felt at home once I saw everyone’s glitter, friendship bracelets, and smiling faces. 

In Taylor Swift’s song “You’re on Your Own, Kid,” she says “So, make the friendship bracelets,” and now fans  make Swift-themed bracelets to trade at her concerts. I have to say, one of my highlights was giving two little girls in matching pink tutus friendship bracelets that I had made.

As my amazing mom waited in line for my merchandise for over an hour, I watched Gracie Abrams open. It was an incredible experience to watch her perform in a stadium after I had seen her in a venue with a 1,000 person capacity in April. Her angelic voice and adorable hair bow put me in the best mood for the rest of the concert.

Before I knew it, there was a countdown until Taylor came on stage. Wow, I was not ready for the feeling of seeing her on stage. It’s the most out-of-body experience, seeing someone who you look up to so much rise from under the fans and smoke. 

With an over-two-hour setlist, a million costume changes, and covering ten different Eras, I can confidently say no one does it like Taylor Swift.

There’s something so unique about having over 70,000 people in a room, but you feel like Taylor’s talking to you. Not one person was sitting down or frowning. Truly, every person was dancing, singing at the top of their lunges, and having the best time. 

Even if you aren’t a fan of Taylor’s music I believe everyone can appreciate her performance. 

It was by far the best concert I’ve ever been to, and I’m incredibly grateful to have attended The Eras Tour.